i've been known to break out into song...


Saturday, May 17, 2008

Boundaries...

This is Penny's friend Corbie. I have hacked into her blog because I can stay silent no longer ('hacked' being a slight exaggeration as I already knew her password). I cannot sit idly by day after day while this blog sits empty. I know, I know - it isn't 'empty', it has music. But the truth is its own sad commentary on Penny's blog commitment as well - I am the one who put the music on also (hence the password knowledge). The ironic thing is that Penny is a literary and comedic genius, and yet we, her supposed audience, get nothing. I decided I had to have some boundaries, some standards, however low they may be, and at least put something on here for people to look at. So, I am rounding up old pictures and stories so that everyone can have a little slice of Penny - she'll have to fill in the blanks, but this should get you started.

This is Nala (or the parts of Nala that my top-notch photography skills allow you to see), the best dog Penny (or anyone) ever had. Nala isn't with us any longer but don't run out just yet and try to woo Penny with a replacement dog - Penny isn't convinced that she will ever love again after Nala.



This is a picture of Penny and her sister Melanie. Mel lives in Florida and sends Penny funny pictures of them when they were little so we can all get a good laugh. Brace yourself for some side-splitting Melanie comments and stories. As a sidenote, Penny has rubella in this photo. First of all, how many adults do you know who have rubella? Secondly, and more importantly, how many allow people to take their photo at Brewvies's when in the midst of said rubella?



Case in point with the funny family photos. This is one that Mel has tagged "exploited early, b4 child labor laws existed!".



This is a bunch of us at Race for the Cure in 2002 - it is a tradition for us to run this every Mother's Day weekend so one would think that I could find several photo options, but, unfortunately for those of you without bionic eyesight, this was the only picture I could find.



This is another little tradition - the Moab half-marathon. Of course, by tradition, I mean show up when we feel like it and run it entirely unprepared until you almost collapse in front of the port-a-potties. This is Penny upside-down after the race.


This is Penny and my son Cale (who is now 10) at the Moab half-marathon many moons ago. Other than her propensity to eat all their treats, my kids couldn't ask for a better aunt.



Speaking of eating treats, notice all the food that surrounds Penny in this photo. I mention this for two reasons. First, food and all things food-related will likely be center-stage in many of Penny's ramblings. Second, by mentioning the food in the photo, I intentionally draw your attention away from the person sitting next to her, who, for various reasons, I have cropped out of the photo. If I told you, I'd have to kill you so just spare yourself the agony and don't ask.


This is us more recently (somehow a decade passed where we didn't use a camera), taking pictures of ourselves in the car while we drive. I don't pretend that we look cute, nor that taking our own picture provides the least chance of getting a choice view up our nostrils, but it was a fun day, as it always is with Penny, and an ugly picture splattered all over the internet is a fair trade for all the laughs.


1 comment:

Penny said...

Here's what I know, that's alot of teeth.