i've been known to break out into song...


Sunday, May 18, 2008

A weekend of Friends and Food

So, by the title of this posting alone I 'm sure you have figured out that this was pretty much a dreamy weekend, by my standards. I kicked the weekend off with a Tim and Tandoor dinner, that would be me, meeting my friend Tim, at Tandoor - a delicious Indian restaurant in Salt Lake. To give you some background on Tim(since I have made a commitment to blog about my fantastic friends for the next week or so): Tim and I met in 4th grade(that was a stellar year for me, I also met Jenny that year....she deserves her own entry, so more on her later) and have been friends ever since. More than once throughout the many years I have known him, I have caught myself starting a sentence with "Everyone needs a friend like Tim" which, if he is reading this, he may find a little kooky, though any of you reading this know that I am a little kooky and have chosen to love me in spite of it all. Anyway, why does everyone need a friend like Tim, you ask? Here is how I summed it up the last time I uttered those words - Tim still views me as that girl from fourth grade(due to my still flat chest?). Fearless, determined, strong, unwaivering.......Tim truly believes(or at the very least puts on a good show) that I can do anything. He barely batted an eye at my dream to climb Everest. Not even in the "keep your chin up" kind of way, like he is genuine about it. He managed to get me involved in the upcoming Wasatch Back Relay Race, then I managed to somehow get assigned a difficult leg. Now, I love a challenge so I thought the Relay Race gods had smiled upon me. Tim on the other hand seemed genuinely upset and even offered to trade legs with me, had he heard of my propensity to skip the training and just show up on game day? Did he think I wasn't capable? Oh no! Even my #1 fourth grade fan was losing faith in me..... When further questioned, of course, he told the entire team I was a stud (I believe I am quoting verbatim here) and there was no doubt in his mind I could do it - whew, he dodged the lovely bullet that would have been me, sitting at Noodles and Company trying to pick up the pieces of my shattered self - esteem! Anyway, I am getting off track here.......Let's all raise our glasses to Tim, Indian Food and Relay Races!
Wait! This just in- he is funny too! He literally just sent me a self-portratit of him on top of the mountain(he went hiking tonight) with the quote "Mile High Club Pres". As for which lovely friend I spent Saturday with......you'll just have to wait and see!
Om and Indian Donuts (can't remember the proper name....)
Penny

No comments: